That moment you are eating in an exposed place and the next thing is viam... a fly just perched on your food.

Flies; one of the living organisms I hate most. Their presence alone irritate me. I always know them for their disadvantages and never saw anything good in them. I often classify them as the worst enemy to man's health because of their frequent visit to wastes.

With that said, they're therefore vector of different diseases such as typhoid fever and cholera (housefly), trypanosomiasis; caused by a protozoan called trypanosome carried by tsetse fly and the list continues...

Of what importance are houseflies? Are they created to deplete life or for inconvenience sake?
I asked myself for I know that nature has made everything to be in harmony; beneficial to life it consist either in terms of feeding relationship or otherwise.

To which organism is housefly a prey to?
What role has it to play to life?

"This housefly is actually gutted" I said to myself bewildered after making several gestures to scare off one that was just staring at me if not reckoning me.

On closer observation, I noticed that my poor enemy looking fresh with eyes opened has no life in it.
Whaaaaat!!! I exclaimed.
"Which fluid feeder must have done this" I asked myself when the poor thing just turned to powder from my touch.

Spider- a predator to housefly I figured out after some days.
Housefly contributes to food chain, that's now obvious. Is that all?
I found this study interesting now.

Waste visitor, apart from taking toxic substances from waste, what else do they (houseflies) do to wastes.
Funny enough each waste product they visit decays there after.
Damn it!!! Houseflies are also decomposers through the larvae they bear.

Here they play the greatest role one can ever think of.

- Recycling of nutrients which brings about life indefinite.

-Getting ride of dead organisms which would've made the environment disgustful, think about it if all dead things remain on earth surface.

-Enrichment of soil nutrients which brings about adequate growth of plants we eat.

- Release of carbon to the atmosphere which plants use during photosynthesis through decay of dead organism.

...So, whenever you see them busy on waste or dead things, know they're carrying out their divine assignment.

NOTE: Houseflies are not the only decomposers.

Post a Comment

 
Top